Saturday, July 28, 2012

Book Thoughts: The Death Cure

Title: The Death Cure
Author: James Dashner
Series: Maze Runner #3

I was really excited to get my hands on this one after the first two books in the trilogy. I don't know whether it was that I hadn't read the earlier books in a while or what, but The Death Cure didn't really live up to my expectations.

It was still good -- I still liked the characters and it was fascinating seeing the development of everything with the illness and the real world outside the maze and all of that. It was a fascinating setting, but it felt... redundant?

I don't know. I think there could have been a lot more closure (I wish there had been), I think the story could have ended better. Not plot-wise, but writing-wise. I wanted to see a better conclusion to the trilogy.


Mind you, even knowing that I would be kind of disappointed, I would still definitely read it, because after the first two, you have to know how it ends. And I feel like I'm making it sound like it was a terrible book -- it wasn't. It just wasn't up to par with the first two-thirds of the trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment