Saturday, July 28, 2012

Book Thoughts: The Evolution of Mara Dyer

Title: The Evolution of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Series: Mara Dyer #2

Oh my dear sweet goodness this series.

It's brilliant. And creepy. And intense. And sexy. And ahhh I just love these books so much.

There were pieces of this book that confused me - the flashback dreams, what? - but I continue to adore Michelle Hodkin's writing and characters and oh my dear sweet lord the PLOT. I NEEDED to keep turning pages to find out what would happen next.

And now I am dying for book three. DYING.

I love the way Mara and Noah's relationship continues to grow and change, although I still have some hardcore questions about Noah. I loved seeing Jamie's character again, I love Mara's family, and good grief can Ms. Hodkin write suspense. You're questioning right along with Mara what's real and what isn't, and that's a pretty powerful thing to be able to do in a book.


Long story short: If you haven't read this series, do so immediately. If you've read the first one but not this one, GO GET THIS NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment