Friday, July 27, 2012

Book Thoughts: Beautiful Redemption

Title: Beautiful Redemption
Author: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Series: Caster Chronicles #4

***Spoiler warning for earlier books in the series!!!***

Oh my goodness gracious.

What a stunning conclusion to a truly fantastic series. The Caster Chronicles is easily among my favorite series, and the conclusion is no different. (And yes, I cried.)

Parts of the book this time are told from Lena's perspective, which was different, but in a good way. I liked getting Lena's perspective. I just love all of the characters SO much, and the relationships between them and the way they're all both good and bad. This is about to turn into a sappy character rant, so I'll stop. After one more comment: Lena and Ethan's relationship is one of the best I've read. I love it and them so, so very much.

There were places I struggled with the mythology. I had to raise my eyebrows at some of the portrayal of the "afterlife," or Otherworld, just because there were places where it was a bit typical - and then I met Charlie and everything turned upside down. "Find x, cross the river, bargain with y" felt a bit too hero's journey - and anything else would have been completely wrong.


I just read 80% of this book in one sitting. And I wish it could go on forever. I love this series so much. If you haven't read it, DO. I'll be digesting this one for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment