Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Book Thoughts: 34 Pieces of You

Title: 34 Pieces of You
Author: Carmen Rodrigues

I just read this one as an e-book on PulseIT, and wow.

I'm honestly not sure what I think of this book. Chronologically, it was a little hard to follow with the nonlinear storytelling; some of the actual events were a little hard to follow too because I kept getting the characters' voices mixed up and forgetting whether it was Jessie, Sarah, or Jake narrating. I would have liked more backstory about the characters, too.

BUT. But. Emotionally it was a pretty powerful read, a really interesting way to handle the death of a teenager and a loved one. I wish we'd been able to see things from Ellie's perspective, but maybe the point was that none of them could see things from Ellie's perspective.


I had a hard time putting this one down - it drew me in and made me want to keep reading. Fascinating take on the different characters' emotions. I just wish there had been a little more - it ended too soon. The issues in this book are very real and definitely played with my emotions. I recommend it for fans of Thirteen Reasons Why and Ellen Hopkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment