Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Book Thoughts: The Demon King

Title: The Demon King
Author: Cinda Williams Chima
Series: Seven Realms #1

I read this at the prompting of both my roommate and my brother and was not disappointed. It has the air of a typical fantasy novel: small villages and ornate palaces, swordfights (no gunpowder), and a mysterious history riddled with magic. And of course, there are evil wizards (and not-so-evil wizards).

I can't give this book a summary that does it justice (seriously, check out the Goodreads link), but I can tell you that I was sucked into both the lore and the story and very much drawn to the characters. Raisa is an awesome mix of kick-ass and the more typically feminine traits, and Han is a wonderful hero as well.


Fortunately, my brother has the second and third books in the series, so I'll be stealing borrowing those soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment