Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Book Thoughts: Crossed

Title: Crossed
Author: Ally Condie
Series: Matched #2

***Beware spoilers for Matched!***
I read this one over the summer, and while I didn't love it quite as much as I loved Matched, it was still great. (Also, I still think the covers for this series are freaking gorgeous, but that's me.)

It was fascinating discovering life outside the society along with Cassia. I continue to enjoy discovering the details of the world that Ally Condie has created (I'm a bit of a world-building geek). There's so much here that just leaves you wondering what's going to happen next.

I wish we'd gotten to see more of Xander. I was a little wary of the whole alternating-perspectives-between-Cassia-and-Ky thing, because so many authors don't distinguish very well between character voices and I get confused, but I shouldn't have worried: they're two very different characters. I almost enjoyed Ky's voice more by the end.


I still thoroughly love the characters and the world and I can't wait to get my hands on Reached to find out how it all ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment