Friday, July 27, 2012

Book Thoughts: Forever

Title: Forever
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Series: Wolves of Mercy Falls #3

I FINALLY got around to reading the conclusion of Maggie Stiefvater's fantastic Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy and I can't believe it took me so long!

It had been a while since I read the previous books in the series so I was a little hazy on some of the plot details, but there's enough there in Forever that it didn't matter. I was immediately drawn back into Stiefvater's flawlessly beautiful writing, complexly compelling characters, and breathtaking romance.

I couldn't put it down. I love the way Maggie Stiefvater crafts words and builds characters, and I love the story she's telling here. Sam and Grace's romance is one of the most amazing love stories I can think of, and I also really love the relationship between Isabel and Cole and the way that plays out. The interactions of the wolf pack are so realistic, the reactions of the various people in the town are exactly what they should be, and every single character has depth and flaws.

I almost wish there had been an epilogue explaining whether or not the characters got their happily-ever-after, but I liked the way she ended the story. There's closure to what needs closing, but it's left open enough for readers to imagine the characters living their lives however they see fit, and I think that's brilliant too.


Definitely read this series. I know I'll be on the lookout for Ms. Stiefvater's other books!

No comments:

Post a Comment