Thursday, July 12, 2012

Series Thoughts: Georgia Nicolson

Title: Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging (book 1)
Author: Louise Rennison
Series: Georgia Nicolson
*Filed in archives under title of first book.*

[[Another very early one. Wasn't 15-year-old me cute?]]

Many thanks to my friend Sara, who lent me the first three books in this fabbity-fab-fab series. And for the record, I have (so far) read three and a quarter of the books. I think there are nine out thus far.

For those of you who are wondering, it's the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series. Book One is called Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging (the second one is On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God and the third is Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas). It's the diary of a British girl who gets into an awful lot of amusing trouble and is juggling her boyfriend (the "Sex God" Robbie) and the boy she might like ("Dave the Laugh"), plus her best friend Jas, who can be quite annoying and also happens to be dating Robbie's brother Tom.

I laughed out loud a LOT reading them. I plan to continue doing so. I have to finish #4 (Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants) and then the fifth one (Away Laughing on a Fast Camel, which I suspect may involve Dave because that's what he says instead of goodbye, but I'm not sure, as I haven't even finished the fourth book yet let alone the fifth). Anyway, they're completely amazing. Fabbity-fab-fab and double marvey with knobs. :)

The books are absolutely hilarious, chock full of British slang, and all around very entertaining. (Although my father has decided that they are probably morally questionable, based on the titles. The worst thing that's happened so far is a bit of snogging, which I shouldn't need to translate. I hope.)

Cheers from hamburger-a-gogo land -

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment