Thursday, July 12, 2012

Book Thoughts: Kiss Me Kill Me

Title: Kiss Me Kill Me
Author: Lauren Henderson

[[As you will notice, this is a fairly old review, one of the first I ever did. I stand by my love for the series, though!]]

My first book recommendation of the summer is Kiss Me Kill Me by Lauren Henderson. I picked this one because 1) I just finished reading the sequel, Kisses and Lies, and 2) it's a fairly quick but riveting read - something you don't have to spend hours poring over but can still enjoy.

Kiss Me Kill Me is about sixteen-year-old Scarlett Wakefield. She's a gymnast, and she's not exactly in with the popular crowd at her school. She dreams about kissing Dan McAndrew, her secret crush - which, as long as she's on the outside, will never happen. Naturally, Scarlett is excited when she suddenly gets invited to a party with the popular crowd. Especially because Dan is there. And then all of her daydreams come true - she and Dan are alone on the terrace, and they share a magical, wonderful, perfect kiss.

Until Dan suffocates in her arms.

Everyone assumes that Scarlett is somehow responisble for Dan's death. She transfers to Wakefield Hall Collegiate, a prep school run by her grandmother, to get away from the press and the hatred of the other girls at St. Tabby's - where she finds an anonymous note telling her that it wasn't her fault. And so, Scarlett sets out to clear her name and find out the truth behind Dan's demise.


Kiss Me Kill Me kept me turning pages until I finished and then longing for the sequel (which, as I mentioned, I just recently finished - it was just as amazing as the first). A wonderful combination of dark mystery and the drama of prep school life, and one I would definitely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment