Friday, July 27, 2012

Book Thoughts: Supernaturally

Title: Supernaturally
Author: Kiersten White
Series: Paranormalcy #2

**WARNING: There may be some spoilers from the first book in the series!**

Evie is back, and still kicking butt. Still snarky and sassy and ready for adventure, she's discovering that normal... well, isn't all it's cracked up to be. She misses her taser and hates gym class.

And then Reth shows up, and a new character - Jack - and everything goes topsy turvy. And Evie has jumped at the chance to work for IPCA again (on her terms, this time) just to have some paranormalcy back in her life. Unfortunately, that may strain things with Lend -- not a fan of IPCA. And along the way, thanks to Reth's frustrating interference, Evie is learning some alarming truths about who she is.

I still love Evie's voice and I love that she's learned her lessons from the first book - she's grown and changed as a character and I think that is a wonderful thing to see. I also like that her relationship with Lend isn't perfect but they fight like a normal couple without breaking up. (Although seriously, some of the "hiding things from my boyfriend whee!" got a little old. C'mon, Evie, get it together!) I love her sparky humor and her genuine emotional responses to things; I like that even though she's been surrounded by the paranormal her whole life, she's still just a teenage girl at heart.


I don't think I loved this one quite as much as Paranormalcy, but it was still a truly fantastic (and funny) story and I am eager to read the third book as soon as I can get my hands on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment