Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Book Thoughts: Masque of the Red Death

Title: Masque of the Red Death
Author: Bethany Griffin
Series: Masque of Red Death #1

Not gonna lie, I totally judged this book by its cover. But seriously, isn't the cover pretty? Anyway, the title (Poe!) and the lovely cover are why I decided to read it, but the story proved fascinating.

In a world ravaged by disease and death, masks are a status symbol as well as a health necessity: the wealthy can afford masks that will filter the airborne germs out of their air. Araby, daughter of the inventor of the mask, is set - living in safety, protected by a mask, and content with a practically royal best friend who can get her into all the best masks-only clubs.

But there's more to the world than meets the eye. I don't want to say too much more for fear of spoilers, but Araby discovers some secrets about the masks and the people who live without them -- like Will, who works at the club -- and those who may have even darker plans -- like Elliott, the off-limits brother of her best friend.


I don't feel like my summary has done it justice. At any rate, I think it's definitely worth a read! Dark and eerie with a great cast of characters that left me wanting the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment