Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Book Thoughts: Under the Never Sky

Title: Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Series: Under the Never Sky #1

I finished this earlier today, and I wish I didn't have to wait all the way until January for the sequel. So good!

Aria has lived in the Pod known as Reverie her whole life. She has been sheltered from the outside world, existing in a place where disease has been eradicated and almost all interaction occurs in a virtual world rather than the real world. Perry's life has been the opposite. He grew up hunting and struggling to survive, dodging storms that lashed out from the Aether in the sky and knowing how dangerous life could be. When Aria is exiled from Reverie, she and Perry will need to rely on each other in order to save them both.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved the characters, I loved the setting - the idea of the Aether and the Pods is really cool. I kept reading because I needed to know what would happen next. I also really loved how distinct Aria and Perry's voices were. Even though none of the book was in first person, the focal character of each chapter was always clear just through the narrative voice. I love that.

Also: it wasn't love at first sight yay! Aria and Perry have to work at it and learn to trust each other, and the progression of their relationship from enemies to friends to something more was really well done.


Basically I just really thoroughly enjoyed this book and I cannot wait to read the sequel. Definitely read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment