Thursday, July 11, 2013

More "Getting Started" Updates

Okay. This post is more for my benefit than anything else just so I can keep track of what I'm doing, but if you are curious about the way I am doing things, then by all means read along.

I want to import all of my reviews/book-thought-rambles/whatever from various places so that I have them all in one place (this blog). BUT, it feels a bit like cheating to post old stuff as new stuff. So what I am going to do is this:

*If the review I am importing is from tumblr, I will post it as a new post in the coming days.

*If the review I am importing is older than my book-blogging efforts with tumblr, I will backdate it to "July 2012" (simply because that's the easiest way to do it, since it's currently July 2013 and I have to chance exactly one number). That way they won't fill up anybody's reading list or look like new posts but I'll still have them archived. So if a post is dated July 2012, you know it's one that I wrote well before I started this blog.

*Reviews imported from tumblr will be labeled accordingly, just to avoid confusion.

To reiterate: If a review is not clearly marked "imported from tumblr" or dated July 2012, then it IS new/current.

No comments:

Post a Comment