Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Book Thoughts: The Handmaid's Tale

Title: The Handmaid's Tale
Author: Margaret Atwood

Holy cow. This book is so good, but so creepy. I felt things I have never felt before. The story was so engaging and I am just in love with the way this story was told. Also, wow, the feminist in me is just raring to go after this one, but so is the voice of conservatism: 'hold your horses, nothing too crazy now, y'hear?' Stylistically, The Handmaid's Tale is simply beautiful, and in terms of the story... let's just say this: I read it for class, and I was really really bad at not reading ahead. Also also, I simultaneously loved and hated the ending. I don't want to say anything else because of spoilers, but when you read this one (and I say when, not if, because you really ought to read it), do make sure you read the "historical notes" at the end.

And if you want to have a chat after you read it, hit me up. Because I could talk about this for ages.

(P.S. I wrote this back in April when I finished reading the book for class, but it's not from tumblr or an old blog or anything really and I loved it so I'm putting it in with new stuff.)

No comments:

Post a Comment