Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Book Thoughts: A Million Suns

Title: A Million Suns
Author: Beth Revis
Series: Across the Universe #2

*Possible spoilers for book 1*

I love mysteries. I really, really do. And I love stories about space travel and I love dystopias and basically wow this series is perfect for me.

Three months ago, the world as Amy knew it changed. Instead of waking up on a new planet with her parents, she's woken up on a seriously troubled spaceship while her parents are still cryogenically frozen. But the apparently evil Orion has left her some clues to a big secret that may turn even this new world on its head. Meanwhile, Elder is trying to be a leader, but what if his people don't want to be led?

I love the characters, I love the story, I adore the mystery and the way information is revealed. Also, yeah, the romance. (Beth Revis, you are an A+ writer.) I love the way this book tackles the very real issues of leadership and control and feelings of helplessness and even things like sexual assault while still managing to be a ridiculously fun outer-space adventure. If you haven't read this series, get to it!

(P.S. Kayleigh as the character always tinkering with mechanical things? I have caught your Firefly reference and I love it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment