Sunday, July 14, 2013

Book Thoughts: The Beginning of Everything

Title: The Beginning of Everything
Author: Robyn Schneider
*Imported from tumblr*

I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this book, under the old title “Severed Heads, Broken Hearts" (which, let’s be honest, is an awesome title). And oh. my. god. you guys need to read this book.
When “golden boy" Ezra Faulkner shatters his knee in a car accident, he finds his entire life turned upside down — but maybe not all for the worst. He reconnects with a childhood friend and, more importantly, meets new girl Cassidy Thorpe, who may be able to teach him a thing or two about what it means to be himself.
I freaking adored this story. The characters were brilliant, the writing was gorgeous, I could not put it down. I loved the very real way the relationship between Cassidy and Ezra developed, I loved that I both laughed out loud and nearly cried while reading this, and of course, being the huge geek that I am, I loved the subtle Doctor Who references throughout the book.
Also, and I’m going to say this as vaguely as possible because NO SPOILING, I thought the ending was beautiful. 
tl;dr READ THIS BOOK.

No comments:

Post a Comment