Friday, July 12, 2013

Adventures in Book Blogging

Full disclosure, guys. In high school, I tried to be a book blogger. I was over at Bookworm Boulevard. It actually worked quite well for a while.

And then things like college applications and high school drama and graduation and family things started happening. Being a book blogger and a high school senior honors student with clinical depression was not something I could manage. Plus, my email account was compromised (ugh) so I had to set up a new google account and all of my blogger stuff got messed up.

So once everything calmed down a bit and I settled into college and taking care of myself, I decided to try again, except I started on tumblr. I love tumblr, don't get me wrong. It's a wonderful community of people and a great way to share information and ideas and art about all sorts of things. But the medium just wasn't doing quite what I wanted it to.

And so here I am. Fresh blog, same blogger. As I mentioned before, I am porting over reviews from my old blog and assorted places on my computer to the archives, but I'm backdating everything I import to last summer (July 2012) so that it won't clog anyone's blog readers or look like it's something Brand New that I Just Wrote.

This time, guys, I'm in it for the long haul. Books are my passion and it's going to take an apocalypse to stop me talking about them.

Happy reading!
-Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment