Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Sequels!

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten list? Best sequels ever.

I'm super bad at picking favorites, but here goes! In no particular order, top ten sequels that I love. (And I'm sure I'm going to forget some because that's how it goes when I make favorites lists, but we'll go with it.)
  1. Harry Potter 2-7 by J.K. Rowling. I know this one is on a lot of people's lists, but I mean, how can it not be? These books are great and I love them and I will read the series over and over again.
  2. The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan. I loved the first one, and the second one just grew my love for the series even more.
  3. Where She Went by Gayle Forman. Not a technical sequel, but a beautiful follow-up to If I Stay, and I adored it.
  4. Everbound by Brodi Ashton. No middle book syndrome here! And with the mythology and everything... yeah I'm super psyched for book three.
  5. Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Although this is the third book in a quartet, which usually just means a lot of build-up to the finale, it's probably my favorite in the series after the original. Love.
  6. Scarlett Fever by Maureen Johnson. Because humor and characters and sass and all of it. Love love love.
  7. Prince Caspian/Voyage of the Dawn Treader/The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis. Pretty much exclusively because Reepacheep and Caspian. I just really love this particular set from the Chronicles of Narnia.
  8. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. There was a touch of middle-book syndrome, but I would still classify this as one of the best sequels, because I just adored the story it told.
  9. A Series of Unfortunate Events 2-13 by Lemony Snicket. One of the few series where not only is the first book not my favorite, I can't ever settle on a favorite because I love ALL of them. (With like two exceptions, but let's ignore those for now.)
  10. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor. I adore the characters and the story and it just made me want the third book even more.
There are a lot of FANTASTIC sequels that I had to omit, and a pretty big part of that decision was middle-book syndrome. But I could probably keep listing kick-ass series for a looong time.

What are your favorite sequels?


3 comments:

  1. My favourite is Catching Fire. here is my list: http://caitstruelife.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-sequels-ever/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to book 3 of Laini Taylor`s series.

    Love the list. Picking favorites is hard.

    Ashley
    Books Buying Beauty
    @Bookz4Nerdz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scarlett Fever was great, and I agree about the Narnia books. The Silver Chair may be my favorite, which is kind of an unpopular opinion :) I loved Demon Covenant as well, Mae was a great POV.

    ReplyDelete