Friday, September 27, 2013

Book Thoughts: Fangirl

Title: Fangirl
Author: Rainbow Rowell

I don't even know where to start talking about this book. I loved it.

I've never really gotten into fanfiction, reading or writing; it's just not my cup of tea. And I don't know what it's like to have a sister -- except, well, now I do, because of Cath. And I've never had a random roommate, because I lived with a high school friend my freshman year. But I could feel everything in this book.

The descriptions of Cath's anxiety are just so spot-on. (I actually stored pictures of some of the pages on my phone just so I would have the quotes with me.) Her college is so, so different from mine, but Cath's feelings in a new situation are incredibly relatable anyway.

Plus. Okay. Characters. Love them. They're all so multifaceted (except maybe Courtney, but we don't see her much) -- all of them are flawed, but they all have lovable characteristics, too. Even Simon and Baz, who are fictional characters in a fictional story, felt real. I wanna read the Simon Snow series now! It was super cool getting to see snippets of both the actual stories and Cath's fanfic.

I just. I can't put into words how much I loved this book. I was so sad when it ended because I wasn't ready to leave the characters behind, even though the story had concluded. I could ramble about this forever but I don't want to spoil anything, but if you've read it -- contact me on twitter or tumblr or facebook, or email me, because I would LOVE to talk more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment