Saturday, September 28, 2013

Book Thoughts: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Title: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
Author: April Genevieve Tucholke
Series: Between #1

I really really wanted to love this book (because seriously, it has a freaking gorgeous cover and the description sounds amazing) and at first I was afraid I wasn't going to. It didn't feel particularly well-executed at first. It was really really obvious that River had some kind of paranormal thing going on that was drawing Violet to him, and I thought the whole book was going to be "but WHY do I like him so much?!"

...it wasn't.

I can't tell you where it was that I went from slightly disappointed to absolutely enthralled, but I do know that I actually put off lunch for a solid two and a half hours because I was too busy reading this to go make food.

There is some seriously creepy stuff in this book. In a good way. It felt like a paranormal romance at the beginning, and by the end I was positive I had just finished a horror novel -- to which I needed the sequel, like, immediately.

Definitely put this one on your list of "scary books to read leading up to Halloween." And if you think the first couple of chapters are a little hard to get through... stick with it. It gets so much better. Oh, and my advice? Read it with the lights on.

No comments:

Post a Comment