Saturday, August 17, 2013

Book Thoughts: If I Should Die

Title: If I Should Die
Author: Amy Plum
Series: Revenants #3

I really loved this series, and I thought IF I SHOULD DIE was an excellent conclusion.

Beware of spoilers for the first two books! As the trilogy winds to an end, Kate and her revenant friends must search for a way to bring Vincent back while stopping Violette and her army of numa from destroying Paris. One adventure follows another, and I adored the details of the revenants' world and their relationship to the guerriseurs. I'm a sucker for good world-building, and I haven't encountered a lot of books about revenants, so I thought that was cool and I love that we're still learning along with Kate even in the third book.

I was a little disappointed that I figured out two (and a half?) major plot points well in advance (no, I'm not going to tell you which ones because spoilers), but it didn't really matter -- even though I had accurately figured out what was coming, it was super fun to see how the characters got there. And of course, I simply love the romance between Kate and Vincent and the relationships between all of the different characters.

So, yeah, highlights: fun characters and the guerriseur world and absolutely beautiful romance. A fitting end to a series that I have very much enjoyed and can wholeheartedly give my stamp of approval. :) Now if only there were more books about the Paris revenants...

1 comment:

  1. I finished the first two books, but still haven't jumped into the final installment. Can't wait to see how the author wraps it all up.

    Holly @ Absorbing the Content

    ReplyDelete