Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Book Thoughts: Dreamless

Title: Dreamless
Author: Josephine Angelini
Series: Starcrossed #2

*Beware spoilers for book 1!*

Helen's life kind of sucks. She can't be with the boy she loves, because (to their knowledge) they're cousins, and that's gross. Plus, she's spending every night in the Underworld and getting no sleep in her quest to free the Scions from the wrath of the Furies. And Tantalus still has it out for her, in new and interesting ways.

I continue to adore this series. I love love love the characters, the plot, the way familiar mythology is incorporated into a totally new story. The scenes with Morpheus in this one I found a bit odd, but I love love loved the way everything with the Furies and Cassandra went. Also Automedon. I don't want to say too much else because I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but this one was even better than the first book (you can definitely see the author's writing get better from that one to this one, and the writing was not bad in book one) and I can't wait to get my hands on the third one. Finals week, hurry up and go away so I can read GODDESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment